Apply for this position
Location: London, United Kingdom, Europe
Career Level: Entry Level (less than 2 years of experience)
Education: Advanced Degree
Job type: Full time
Job Summary and Requirements
We are developing a graduate trainee recruitment programme and in this respect we will take on 2 graduates a year in a graduate trainee role whereby the graduate will train and work in all areas of the company before being appointed to a permanent place.
In the graduate trainee role, the appointee will experience the different areas within the company including:
- Capital markets – focuses on information and analysis of the infrastructure in the global capital markets – examines all markets (we cover over 100 markets worldwide) and gives particular attention to the post-trade infrastructure especially involving risk analysis of the central securities depositories (CSDs)
- Sub-custody – focuses on domestic bank custodian information and the preparation of reports and risk analysis of custodians for all regions. In most markets there are multiple sub-custodians that operate and which we analyse.
- Custodian Monitoring – focuses on risk analysis of the global custodians and research in respect of the custodian banks. Analyses data and information obtained from global custodian banks on behalf of Thomas Murray’s institutional investor clients for the preparation of reports and risk analysis of the global custodian banks.
- Client representative and Sales & Marketing – this examines the client profile, the client requirements and the link through the client back into the operations of the company. It also exposes the candidate to the Sales process.
- Business analyst within the IT area – this examines the functional requirements of the business and helps provide a link between the business area of the company and the IT support and development area.
- Financial – this examines many aspects of the company’s accounts.
The programme will provide the graduate with a period of rotation around the different areas of the company, training in the different roles before slotting into a role in Sales and Marketing or as a market analyst. In the past, the company has typically recruited graduates as research analysts undertaking research and project assignments or as a market analyst with regional market responsibilities. Currently we are additionally seeking graduates to undertake a role in Sales and Marketing to help expand our list of prestige clients.
The graduate should have a master’s degree in economics or finance or in a degree that provides skills in Sales and Marketing.